Village Of Onsted

Frequently Asked Questions!

Where is the Village Office?

The Village Office is located at 108 S. Main Street, between 3rd and 4th Streets in downtown Onsted.
Office hours are:

Monday - 2:00 - 6:00 pm

Tuesday, Wednesday, & Thursday - 9:00 AM - 1:00 PM
Who do I contact if I have a water or sewer problem?

You would call the Village DPW at 467-2158 or after hours @ 517-918-0672

How do I contact the fire department?

Call 9-1-1 if it’s an emergency.  For non emergency calls contact Cambridge Fire Department @ 467-2128.

Burn permits are required for burning within village limits and may be obtained by calling the Fire Hall and follow the prompts.
How do I contact the police?

Call 9-1-1 ifs it’s an emergency.  For non emergency calls contact Cambridge Township Police at 467-4737 or Lenawee County Sheriff’s Department @ 266-2051.

Where do I pay my taxes?

Your Village tax bill comes out the first of July and you have until September 14th to pay them without penalty.  You can pay your taxes in person at the village office or mail them in.  After September 14th, you will pay your taxes at the Lenawee County Treasurer's Office in the Courthouse in Adrian.
Where do I pay my water & sewer bill?

You are billed quarterly for your water & sewer service.  Your bills come around the first of January, April, July, and October and are due by the 15th of the month.  You can pay your bill at the village office during office hours.  You can also drop off your payment in the drop box located in the entry way of the village office.  Or you can mail it!

Can I reserve a shelter or area in the park?

Yes, you need to contact the village office to see if a shelter or park area is available.  A nominal reservation and rental fee is required to cover water, power and trash pickup.
When is garbage & Recycling pickup?  

Garbage & Recycling pickup is every week on Thursdays EXCEPT when there’s a holiday in the week, it will be on Friday. The holidays that will affect garbage and recycling pickup are: New Year's Day, Memorial Day, Fourth of July, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, and Christmas. (paper, plastic, glass, tin, and cardboard)  You can get recycling containers at the village office.
Where do I get a building or electrical permit?

You apply for them through Cambridge Township, go to the main page and click on the permit tab for further instructions.

Are there any recreation or after school sports programs in Onsted?
Check thier website at The Onsted Soccer Club offers youth soccer in the spring and fall.  
Contact Jason & Teda Kitis @ 517-403-2155

What do I do if I have a complaint about something in the village?

You need to go to the link for forms, fill it out and email it, mail it, or drop it off at the village office, it will get directed to the proper person at that point. All complaints must be signed.